COGENT, a cognitive stimulation program for child education
COGENT is a child education program designed for the enhancement of cognition, phonological awareness, and language, especially linked to literacy and school learning.
COGENT improves cognitive function by guiding young students through a set of five activities or Modules which use various shapes, pictures and toys to associate words with literacy, comprehension and cognitive ability.
The child education program was created by J.P. Das — the world-renowned Professor (Emeritus) of Educational Psychology — and is a useful tool for teachers, psychologists or others with appropriate supervision or training to aid in the development of reading and associated academic skills.
COGENT is designed for children ages 4 to 7 with normal and atypical developmental histories and includes groups of children who have:
- Limited exposure to literacy
- Mild developmental delay
- Language impairment
- Are at -risk for developing dyslexia and other learning difficulties
We have also used COGENT successfully for Grade 3 children with moderate-severe reading disabilities.
What's included in this child education program?
- 1 printed instructional manual, 200 pages
- 1 printed teacher's manual, 100 pages
- 1 printed student workbook, 50 pages
- 47 reuseable, laminated sheets (8.5 x 11)
- 1 package of manipulatables (objects, shapes, etc...) and laminated cards